Tesla Increases Prices Again
By B. O’Hare
Tesla has become notorious for making sporadic price changes, but in recent months these price changes have only been going one way – up. In fact, the latest price bump means a base Model 3 is now $2,000 more than it was only in February.
However, the 3 is not the only Tesla to get a price hike. LR AWD Model Y prices have also increased. We have the full list of changes below:
Tesla Model 3:
- Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus: went from $38,490 to $38,990
- Tesla Model 3 Long Range AWD: went from $47,490 to $47,990
- Tesla Model 3 Performance: stayed the same at $56,990
Tesla Model Y:
- Tesla Model Y Long Range AWD: went from $50,490 to $50,990
- Tesla Model Y Performance: stayed the same at $60,990
Unsurprisingly, Tesla offered no explanation for the price changes.
What do you think? Are Tesla still the class leaders when it comes to EVs, or given the continued rising prices, will cheaper competition from the likes of VW continue to take more market share? Let us know your thoughts in the replies section below.
Leave a Reply